March 22, 2020
THE DETAILS OF THE PLAN
Your pastors are desiring to make the wisest decisions with the most current information available. Since our last communication, the CDC has released updated recommendations and advisories.
SUNDAY morning gatherings (effective Mar 15):
- Due to the latest recommendations for Florida’s “faith based” gatherings from the Center for Disease Control, FBCMI will not meet for worship services until further notice.
- INSTEAD....we will broadcast the service live.
- Option 1: VIDEO BROADCAST. We will be doing a live video broadcast at 11:00 am. This will be a full service led by our worship team and the morning message being brought by Pastor Titus. You can access this live video feed at the top of this page beginning at 11 AM on Sunday.
- Option 2: RADIO. The full service will be broadcast on 95.5 FM, with the radio audio streamed, as always.
ALL OTHER events and small group gatherings
- Until further notice, on campus activities and small group gatherings (bible studies) are canceled.
- The church office will have normal operating hours.
- In the midst of these challenging days, our weekly ministry expenses continue. We are grateful for the convenience of online giving. You can access the giving portal HERE. Another option is to bring your tithes and offerings to the church office. Thank you for your continued faithfulness.
House of Hope
- The most current plan for House of Hope operations is located HERE
THE HEART OF THE PLAN
Dear Church family,
This morning, we find ourselves in new, yet somewhat familiar circumstances as a church. Due to the most current Center for Disease Control bulletin for the state of Florida, we have chosen to cancel our Sunday morning gatherings this weekend. These are new circumstances because we have never before had to take such measures to prevent the spread of illness. These are somewhat familiar circumstances because of hurricane threats, we have had to cancel weekend services multiple times in the past.
Over the past few years, there is a passage that has been clarifying for us in our mission to every man, woman, and child. Jeremiah 29:7 says, “But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.” God has used our understanding of that passage to stir us into unprecedented steps into this community.
We find ourselves, once again, heeding the call to seek the welfare of this community as we pursue the very best for our neighbors from a heart of Christ-like love. This love for our community compels us to make this decision to not gather together tomorrow morning. We have not been motivated by fear. The Holy Spirit has stirred us to love our neighbors and the greater community in which we live. We believe it is loving to be a part of the effort to stop the spread of Covid-19. We believe it is loving to do our best to protect the most vulnerable among us. We believe it is loving to submit to this request of our government leaders. So, during this temporary season of “social distancing,” we ask you to continue engaging our community with the love of Jesus.
Pray for your neighbors and leaders. Communicate comfort and peace to those who are being influenced by the fear and anxiety of these times. Serve those around you by following wise practices for personal health.
We are confident in the Providence of God. He will take care of us and accomplish the good purposes He has planned for this season in our lives.
MICS will follow the Governor’s Mandate to extend school closures until at least April 15.
MICS Faculty and Staff are to report to MICS on Monday, March 23rd at 10:00, as MICS IT department and faculty design the educational plan for each grade level.
Parents/Guardians need to make sure their students are daily checking their MICS email address for MICS education updates and teacher communications.
They should expect to hear from their student’s teacher by Wednesday, March 25th. MICS’ main school office will be open daily from 9:00 – 1:00 beginning Tuesday, March 24th.
Each day, as new cases are announced, we will adjust as needed. Our goal is to proceed with caution. At this point, no cases are reported in Brevard County. So with that, this is our plan:
All precautions listed below will include staff, volunteers, and patients:
- Enter on clinic side and gel in at the door
- You will be asked to take your temperature
- If you have any temperature or signs of illness, we will ask you to go home and self-quarantine
- Boutique will be closed through the end of March, unless notified. Therefore, NO BOUTIQUE VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED THROUGH THE END OF MARCH. We will not be taking any donations at this time.
- Clinic will be open for current patients and for emergency abortion minded patients only. Here is the weekly list of needed volunteers as of today:
- Monday – Client Advocate – Linda and Nurse – Vicki
- Tuesday – NO volunteers needed on this day, scheduled ultrasounds only
- Wednesday – Client Advocate – Mickey and Nurse – Marsha
- Thursday – Client Advocate – Debbie and Nurse – Bonnie
PLEASE NOTE: IF ANY LISTED VOLUNTEERS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH COMING IN, PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF PRECAUTION!!
Next week - to be determined. At this point, we will not be scheduling any new appointments, so no volunteers are required.
HOUSE OF HOPE UPDATE
For our volunteers in preparation for Monday's drive-thru distribution
- CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC) GUIDELINES -
HOUSE OF HOPE MONDAY DISTRIBUTION WILL BE A PRE-MADE
FOOD BOX DRIVE-THRU ONLY FROM 6:15 – 10:30 am
NO ADDITIONAL SERVICES WILL AVAILABLE
NO FOOD STAMP APPLICATIONS, OUTSIDE REFRESHMENTS,
BICYCLE DISTRIBUTIONS, NURSING STAFF, CLOTHING
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN LOT TO WAIT – YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE
- PLEASE DO NOT LINE UP IN THE STREET BEFORE 6:15 AM
- POLICE WILL ASK YOU TO MOVE – THIS IS A TRAFFIC HAZARD
- FOOD IS LIMITED AS STORE DONATIONS ARE LIMITED
- ONLY 1 BOX OF FOOD PER FAMILY
- PLEASE WRITE PRAYER REQUESTS IN ADVANCE AND HAND TO VOLUNTEER GIVING YOU FOOD BOX
Jesus said “Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27) “May the peace of God which passes all understanding keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God and of His son Jesus Christ” (Phil 4:7) The House of Hope looks forward to fully serving all of you again when the CDC restrictions are lifted.
With His love, the House of Hope Volunteer Staff
MICS PRESCHOOL ACADEMY UPDATE
Out of an abundance of caution, MICS Leadership has decided that childcare at the Academy will be closed. Our intent is to reopen on Wednesday, April 15th at 6:30 am. As new information is being shared daily, we will continue to monitor this situation closely. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause your family. We are praying that your family will stay healthy during this time.