FESTIVAL OF JOY 2021
We are EXCITED to share with you that there is a great day being planned for those part of our special needs community! FESTIVAL OF JOY is Saturday, May 1, 11am – 2pm. The entire Kiwanis Park on Merritt Island is reserved for a day of fun with a western theme. The attendance will be limited to the first 100 people with special needs to register. (Family members do not count in that number.) There will be lots of "covid-safe" activities, games, and treats! It's a day you won't want to miss!
- Registration for GUESTS begins Thursday, April 1, 2021. Click on the link below to register.
- GUESTS need to be 14 years and older
- Family of GUESTS (any age) are also welcome. Be ready to add their names and ages on the registration form.
- GUESTS must be escorted by parent/guardian during the entire timeframe.
- GUEST parking opens at 10:30am. Parking attendants will be there to assist and shuttle if necessary.
- VOLUNTEERS must be AT LEAST 16 years old. Those under 18 years must have a signed permission slip (attached to form).
- VOLUNTEERS are required to attend one of the trainings held on Tuesday, April 20 at 6pm OR Saturday, April 24 at 10am at Georgianna UMC.
- VOLUNTEERS must have a current background check completed by the required meetings. If you need one, it will be emailed to you shortly following your registration.
- VOLUNTEERS (except set-up/clean-up crews) need to purchase a t-shirt. Please see form for more details.
We are looking forward to sharing this with you and are praying for a wonderful day for all! If you have further questions, please see below for more details, or contact Cindi at FBCMI (firstname.lastname@example.org or 321.453.2146 x538) Hope to see you May 1!
First Baptist Church Merritt Island &
Georgianna United Methodist Church
- WESTERN THEME: dress in your western gear
- Games, DJ, Dancing, Boxed Lunches, Gift Bags, Hayrides, Treats, Balloon Artist, Western Photo Booth, and more!
- Parent/Guardian must accompany guest with special needs the entire time.
- Medical personnel will be on site.
- We are praying for perfect weather. In case of inclement weather, event will be cancelled. E-mails will be sent as soon as possible if that happens.
- Several local businesses are partnering with Georgianna and First Baptist. Be sure to look for their names as you enter/leave Kiwanis Park.