The First Initiative Introduction
THE GOAL OF THE FIRST INITIATIVE IS TO MOBILIZE EVERY MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD OF THIS CHURCH FOR THE MISSION OF REACHING EVERY MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD OF THIS COMMUNITY. MOBILIZATION INCLUDES THREE AREAS OF EMPHASIS: SERVING, SHARING AND GIVING.
We believe that God is calling every follower of Christ to leverage their entire lives for the mission of Christ where we live, work, learn, and play. This vision for gospel saturation is clearly about every man, woman and child within our church reaching every man, woman, and child in our community and ultimately all the nations of the world.
To accomplish the vision of gospel saturation, the commitment required is high. Specifically, our sacrifice will include serving, sharing and giving to reach every man, woman and child in our community. Organizationally, we must commit to equip our church family to reach new people who must then be equipped to demonstrate their faith where they live, work, learn, and play.
In addition, we must address our facilities. Despite consistent maintenance, our facilities are aging and require major updates and improvements.
The First Initiative is not for our own comfort but is a necessary step of faithful stewardship as we continue to gather, connect and equip the body of Christ. We have:
• Been in our current building for nearly 30 years and we need to focus on the next 30 years.
• Nearly 100 AC units; 27 of them are over 17 years old.
• A roof in need of repair.
• Challenges with parking and building access.
We have been working on addressing these items and more.
The plans include:
• A new parking design which greatly enhances our ability to park people and move them to the building.
• An update to our worship space which will address the acoustic challenges, update our technology, add a cry room for families with children and update the flooring and seating.
• Remodeling our existing offices to a new and secure space for our children's ministry. Building a new main entry area which will include: connection areas, guest services area, coffee cafe, an elevator, and potentially some new adult classroom space.
For you, The First Initiative starts by praying about committing to the three areas of Serving together, Sharing with others and Giving generously.
Serving: We want you to commit to serve in two areas. Serve in the body to equip and encourage one another. Serve outside the body to build gospel bridges in the community.
Sharing: We want you to commit to deeper personal engagement in the mission. We will offer training to help you discover gospel opportunities and give you gospel tools.
Giving: We want you to commit to give generously to the mission. Our goal is to raise an additional year’s income, 3.5 million dollars, over the next 36-months.